Monday, January 28, 2019

Claude "Jazzbones" LaBrecque

Another album for the kiddies, including grown up kiddies. :)

I post these hoping someone will recognize it and share a story or two. I realize they have limited appeal...even to me, I must admit. The kiddie albums are not among my favorites usually, but I can appreciate the craft, and they often have nice art, as this one does.

They're often personalized as well. A shame this one is pretty faded.

There is a bit of a surprise to this one, which we will see more clearly below...

Luba Goy is on this! You don't hear about her too much nowadays (unless you try to, I guess), but she was kind of a big deal for a long time as a member of Royal Canadian Air Farce, a group who had a long-running sketch TV show. I has never been my thing, as it's political humor (strike one) and Canadian political humor at that (strikes tow and three), but I've known who Luba is for decades.

Interesting presentation by his daughter Sarah here, but otherwise, I can't find much of anything about him. Sarah, if you see this, we'd love to hear some more info about your dad! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?