Monday, June 11, 2012

Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell

OK, so it's a cassette. Kinda bending the definition of my blog, but I thought I'd show it since it's presented in an LP sleeve (?!) and many people may not have seen this before.

I also saw a Jazzercise cassette at Salvation Army recently that was presented in the 12"x12" sleeve format. It's kinda neat but weird at the same time.

Odd-looking Corellian Corvette? Odd-looking Star Destroyer? Maybe someone out there knows and can fill everyone in...

This story was mentioned as a bit of a throwaway sentence in The Empire Strikes Back, when Han says to Leia "well, the bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell changed my mind." I always found the story fascinating as a kid, not knowing much about the "expanded universe", meaning the stories that took place outside the movies. It's still [somewhat corny] fun now!

Want to hear it? :) Here are some links:

1 comment:

  1. By the way, the cassette itself is in a box under my bed. Haha. Not really worth digging out to take a picture of. ;)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?