Saturday, January 20, 2018

Mother's Body Beat

Saw another copy of this at the same thrift store recently. Currently trying to find out more info on Dr. Murooka, because while Hajime is most definitely Japanese, Murooka is...I dunno! *later on...* Well, I guess it's legit. I found a few more Murookas. I'm guessing it's fairly rare, though. It almost seems like a Westernized spelling or something.

Anyway, in searching, I found this little article from the May 22, 1975 issue of Jet magazine from a Google Books scan:

I guess this is pre-album? Or maybe that track was sold as a single?

Body Beat sounds like an old K-tel album title or something. ;)

There's something disconcerting about the crying picture. Maybe because the composition is kinda harsh? *shrug* (or it's just sad seeing a crying baby?)

Sorry for such a picture-heavy post, but I think this is pretty interesting! Certainly not something you'd see every day. :) I haven't given it a spin yet, but I should. I'm expecting some heavy metal snuck in there somewhere. In the meantime, here's a demonstration:


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?