Saturday, October 19, 2019

Surprise!

I guess this title has a dual meaning, since I haven't posted in a while. :p (people commenting on stuff would help motivate me to continue, hint, hint...)

Love the super enthusiastic stance the kid in the front has taken. We should all close our eyes that way.

The surprise? Hmm... I wonder if the image is reversed or that kid just has his shirt on inside-out. :p I also wonder if it should be titled I'VE Got a Surprise!

Nice simple image in the gatefold.

2 comments:

  1. You wouldn't say "I have got" would you? You'd say "I got" wouldn't you? Actually, I'd find a whole other way to say it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just thinking more of the surprise being in the present, not so much how a person might actually say it, like as soon as they've opened their eyes, so, 'I've/I have got a surprise for you right now,' as opposed to 'I got a surprise for you earlier.' I dunno, either works. I'll ask Joe what he meant next time I see him, haha.

      I just heard a couple of odd tense choices on Supergirl last night, one when she said '...when I told Lana I was Supergirl.' I get it...but she's still Supergirl, isn't she? :p I dunno, I find I notice it more the older my mother gets, because she's becoming the queen of mixed up tenses. (she's also putting emphasis on the wrong syllables more and more like her mother did, such as her cat JELLYbelly, which she says as JellyBELLY) 'Did you want that tomorrow?' is pretty awesome. Or cashiers that say 'did you have a points card today?' Yes, and I still do, in fact! :o It's a modern thing that irks me a bit.

      Oh, and the veterinarian that says to a cat's owner 'are we still peeing regularly?' Or a waiter saying 'what will we be having tonight?'

      Ok, I'm done. :p

      Delete

What say you?