Thursday, April 18, 2019

Fake kids

Had to grab this one based on the strange cover alone!

Kids, pre-teens and one...teen? Young adult?

That guy is top left on the front cover. Lead vocals by Rindy Ross. Rindy. Like Randy and Cindy combined? Interesting.

Let's hear what they sound like. Here's the title track.

Not bad! Not my favorite sound overall, but has its moments.

But this was their BIG hit; "Harden My Heart", which was #1 on Billboard for three weeks...

Good stuff.

P.S. Here's some insider info: to take pictures of the albums, I usually prop them up on a couple of pillows on my bed, then crop out the background. I usually do a bunch at a time, then pick and choose later on which to start getting ready for a post. Well, as I was looking through pics today, I noticed that the pics for this album were uncropped, meaning I hadn't posted it yet...except I apparently have before. (after some searching, turns out I did) Did I take pics of this twice? Hmm... Anyway, I'm not going to abandon this post now after putting everything together, so here it is again. ;) 

4 comments:

  1. Indeed so! Except the retakes don't have any reflecting light.

    On the subject of photography, I too usually do a bunch at a time. Instead of on my bed, I take the albums I want to photograph (some are mine, others are my grandma's) against the back of an EMPIRE STRIKES BACK wall hanging propped up in my grandma's closet (whenever I'm there), and either crop out the background on my phone, or transfer the picture to my computer at home and crop it out there. Then when I'm on Discogs ("Columbia39" is my handle, in case you're wondering), if I'm editing the images for a particular release I photographed and I see a missing or insufficient photo, I add or replace the final picture. (I too take pictures of an album twice, or more, except my retakes are to fix any problems in the original shots.)

    And as Quarterflash goes? I've seen the debut (containing the second song posted) often, but can never force myself to buy it. My granny (I think it was hers, or maybe it was my stepdad's) had "Harden My Heart" on 45, but that's it.

    Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling.
    -"Jman" Burnett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the rambling, Jman! I started adding things to Discogs long ago, but kinda gave up. Too many albums to go through and too many people telling me 'that's already here' and changing things when I knew it wasn't. :p I'd consider adding some really obscure local stuff again, but I also can't help but think 'will anyone EVER see this?' (which is how I feel about this blog sometimes, too, which is also why I appreciated your comment.)(now who's rambling?! haha)

      Here's another piece of trivia: I use an HP Photosmart 735. It's almost as old as some of the albums featured, but does a good job with macro.

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with a double post. I take pictures on my sofa and crop. I have better lighting in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I suppose an accidental double post is okay now and then, but I wish it had been an album I really liked. Haha.

      Delete

What say you?