Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wrabit!

"We hated the name but it was forced on us. What a mistake." - Lead vocalist Lou Nadeau

But don't let that throw you off! This is a hard rockin' album, featuring great vocals and harmonies, and nice musicianship overall, including some impressive guitar work!

This is the debut album of Canadian hard rockers Wrabit, re-release version when they signed with MCA (who convinced them to change their name from Telemann). And yes, the logo and cover were drawn by THE Chuck Jones, of Bugs Bunny fame. Quite a coup there! Very eye-catching.

More info on the band here.

I don't know which song to highlight, as they're all good, so I think I'll just go with the opener, which features a strong 70s classic rock sound...





2 comments:

  1. Discogs only lists MCA versions of this album, so I had zero clue this was picked up from a small label. What I do know is that in the United States, the album came in this package: https://www.discogs.com/Wrabit-Wrabit/release/2313219

    -sincerely, "Jman" Burnett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like we had that version too, but to be honest, the more I see and read, I'm finding I don't know any more about it. :p I'm now thinking Canada also had the cover you guys did as the original release (possibly MCA, possibly small label, not sure), then we got the Chuck Jones one shown here (which is MCA) as the re-release the next year...which means it's probably more common here, but rare in the States.

      Something like that. The quote at the beginning is in the comment section from the video I posted, so I might try and ask him to clarify.

      Delete

What say you?