Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Mouse Factory

Excellent, vivid cover! Love the unique way they did Mickey's eyes, too.

The little weirdo that owned this before seems to have been desperate for paper or something.

This is from 1972, and I only saw repeats growing up. (I was born in 1977) However, there's a new version every decade, and I've seen versions spanning at least three of them. I think it's still on!

Interestingly, as I learned on TCM, Davy Crockett, in it original TV airings, wasn't really a big deal. However, they turned a few of the episodes into a movie (Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier), which kids would see over and over again on weekends, and it became a PHENOMENON. (caps added to emphasize how HUGE it was)(further caps added to emphasize hugeness)

Here's an interesting read about a very different Davy Crockett, one of his relatives.

And here's an intro to the series, featuring Wally Cox:


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?